Crochet Cherry on a Stem
I have the perfect crochet cherry pattern for you! These cherries work up very quickly and are beginner friendly. You can use it as a wonderful decor for a handbag or hat, as a cute toy or a keychain.And a good news! I’m going to make more than just a cherry, but two cherries with stem and leaf attached to each other. It just looks charming and can also be used safely for children’s games.
Abbreviations Used (In American Terms)
- sts= stitches
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- Inc = increase
- Dec = decrease
- Golden Sun cotton yarn 50 gr / 180 m (pink and green colors),
- Crochet hook 1.5 mm for berry, and hook 2 mm for leaf.
- Toy polyester stuffing, needle and scissors.
How to crochet a cherry:
- Work in spiral rounds. Using a stitch marker for know when a round ends and begins.Work in pink color yarn. Make Magic Ring.
- Round 1: Sc 6 into magic ring (6 sts).
- Round 2: 6 Inc around (12 sts)
- Round 3: [Sc, Inc ] around (18 sts)
- Round 4-6: 18 Sc around (18 sts)
- Round 7: [Sc, Dec ] around (12 sts) Stuffing.
- Round 8: 6 Dec around (6 sts). Fasten off. Make 2 cherries.
How to crochet stem and leaf:
- Ch 6, sc into second stitch from hook, 1 hdc, 2 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc into same stitch, ch 2, 1 sc into same stitch, 1 hdc into same stitch, 2 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc, sl. st. to join, ch 12. Fasten off. Make 2 details.
- Sew leaves as shown in the photo. And sew the cherries to the stems.
I hope you enjoy this free tutorial and I’m wait your comments! Love, Ana (Bohemian Cat)
Thank you for share this post: