Crochet Heart Bookmark
Valentine’s Day is coming soon! It means now we will need cute hearts that we can give to our lovely and dear people.I used to tell you how to crochet a heart purse and one minute mini hearts for decor, today I want to share one more idea!If your friends love to read, then a crocheted heart bookmark is a great gift idea. Each time they open and close a book, they will think about you.Making such a bookmark is not at all difficult, even a beginner can handle it. So that you don’t have any difficulties, I made a step-by-step tutorial and pattern. You will need a small amount of yarn, 5 minutes of time and, of course, warmth of your hearts! So let’s start!
For crocheted heart:
- 1 piece Golden Sun cotton yarn 50 gr / 180 m , red color
- crochet hook 1.5 mm
- needle for embroidery
- 1 piece tassel
- jewelry findings (feather, heart, ring)
- hot glue
Abbreviations Used (In American Terms)
- sts= stitchessc = single crochetdc = double crochettr = triple crochetdtr = double triple crochetsl st = slip stitch
- The heart is approx. 1.5 inches ( 4 cm) high and 1.5 inches (4 cm) wide.
How to crochet a heart bookmark – step by step tutorial
- Round: Ch 6, join into the ring
- Round: Ch-3 (as a 1 dc) , 13 dc, 1 tr, 1 dtr, 1 tr, 3 dc into the ring, sl.st. to join
- Round: ch1, 1 sc, skip 1 stitch, 10 dc in the same stitch, skip 2 stitches, 1 sc, skip 2 stitches, 10 dc in the same stitch, skip 1 stitch, sl.st. to join
- Round: ch1, 21 sc, 1 sl.st., 10 sc, sl.st. to join. Fasten off.
How to decorate a crochet heart
- Now when the heart is ready, add the cord. I made a short cord, but you can vary the length as you wish.To make a cord like mine, just crochet 20 chains. I attached a tassel to the end of the cord.I also used jewelry accessories to decorate my bookmark: a stainless steel feather and heart. Using the ring, I attached the tassel cord to my crocheted heart. I put a feather in the same ring. I attached the steel heart to the crocheted heart with hot glue. You can also use a needle and thread for this.
- Bookmark ready! Now you can put it in a beautiful gift box and it will undoubtedly delight your friend on Valentine’s Day.
If you liked my pattern, leave comments and share it with your friends! Love, Ana (Bohemian Cat)
Thank you for share this post:
I love this pattern too!
My son has a blanket made out of this pattern and I wanted to make another one for my youngest.
Could you tell me what size crochet hook and ply wool you used?
Thanks a bunch!